Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weak Flesh, Strong Spirit (May 28, 2013)

 Weak Flesh, Strong Spirit!
Just a simple word of encouragement today to press in, move forward, keep living the life of Christ!

David committed adultery, Abraham lied twice about his wife being his sister, Moses killed a man, Paul (Saul) participated in the death and torment of Christians...and the list goes on. What I speak of here is our propensity toward evil, even when we have a relationship with God. Paul said in Romans 7:15 "For I do not understand my own actions [I am baffled, bewildered]. I do not practice or accomplish what I wish, but I do the very thing that I loathe..."

The flesh is weak, but the Spirit in us is strong and powerful. Repent (turn away from the sin in tenderness of heart, trust once again in the Lord), seek Him, and leave the past behind.

God used every one of these people after they had committed sin-they were moved by the love and calling of God and He took their human weakness and turned it around for His glory.

Today, do not beat yourself over the head for sins committed-whether it be thought, word of deed. Repent, move forward and enjoy the life of Christ he's provided for you. Come out of the cave of oppression and guilt and into His arms....He is your strong tower! There is nothing that can separate you from the love and forgiveness He has provided.

Rom 8:38-9 I am absolutely sure that not even death or life can separate us from God's love. Not even angels or demons, the present or the future, or any powers can do that. Not even the highest places or the lowest, or anything else in all creation can do that. Nothing at all can ever separate us from God's love because of what Christ Jesus our Lord has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment