Tuesday, March 24, 2015

When I'm My Problem.....



More and more I'm seeing, in my own life, that answers to prayer are right before me. I contain the answer and control the outcome, and if I'd only examine myself and my life more closely I'd get a revelation of why the problem exists. However, there are times when I could do something to help a circumstance and I just pray and pray and pray...waiting for God to fix everything in an instant.

Praying is a good thing - we're called to pray. But sometimes we have to physically do something to change our lives instead of passively expecting God to make it all better. Sometimes we're the reason it's not all better.

We might not be able to do the things we've always done if we want life to be different, and we shouldn't sit and wonder why our prayers aren't working if we're negating them by our own actions. Sometimes our prayers can be answered by making a few changes in our lives instead of praying harder. Prayer is immensely important, but it's not a substitute for self control, being honest with yourself, making wise decisions or taking responsibility. 
 
Thank God that His grace is unending and He is patient with us, but His grace also teaches us to say 'no' to ungodliness (Titus 2:11-12). There comes a time when we have to look in the mirror and see ourselves in our raw, human form....then accept the love and grace of God as empowerment to change!


No comments:

Post a Comment