Saturday, December 28, 2013

Thank God I wasn't healed instantly!


I went through quite a few years in which my doctor’s phone number was on speed dial. I could call him, let him know ‘it’s happening again’ and be at Walgreen’s in half an hour to pick up a prescription. I spent a lot of time praying over this recurring problem, getting advice and prayers from others, and confessing healing scriptures over myself. I also came very close to having a dangerous surgery done to (hopefully) correct the issue.

None of these actions are necessarily the wrong thing to do, and they are not necessarily the right thing to do. That might stir some irritation in someone, but let me explain further. What finally brought a breakthrough was crying out to God to tell me why this was happening and exactly how I was to pray!

At His prompting I began to research the way my body works. I kept note of things I ate, how much sleep I got, what I drank…..etc. etc. etc.! A pattern arose and it was revealed to me what was causing the problem-it was any type of food or drink high in acid. Great-I was addicted to the acidic taste and the tingling feeling it gave my mouth. I nearly ruined my bladder from the addiction. The more I studied on this the more I saw the long term effects of drinking too much soda and other acidic drinks.

God could have healed my bladder instantly, but He didn’t, THANKFULLY! If He had, I might have gone on drinking the acidic drinks and caused more bodily damage in the long run. Instead, God mercifully led me into His wisdom and understanding on how to keep my body healthy for the long haul which also brought healing to my bladder.

Ultimately, this drew me closer to God. I cannot assume that I should apply a scripture or command something to leave as my first or only remedy. God is interested in making us whole - mind, will and emotions! I have to get His direction for each situation, He is my life source. How do I pray? Is there something I’m doing that’s blocking Your healing? What is the root? I can’t waste time with shots in the dark! I’m connected to the King of the Universe and He has all the answers, whether it be scripture as medicine, life-style changes, or some other remedy.

This is what the LORD says — your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.” (Isa 48:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment