Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Obliterate the Road Block (May 4, 2013)

2Co 12:8-9 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

This scripture came to mind as I prayed and cried out to God, yet again, on a particular road block in my life. For a number of years I've asked Him to remove the road block, I've had others praying for me, I've commanded the thing to leave, I've gotten advice and tried a list of various other methods to get this "thing" out of my way.

Today, as I prayed about this same thing, 2 Cor.12:8-9 came to mind. But today I had victory because of this scripture. What the Lord is saying to me is that He is not going to remove this thing, but between the two of us, He and I, we will press through it and leave it in the dust when all is said and done.

Knowing that I am weak to accomplish this task, He has reminded me that we are in covenant, He and I, and He is extending His grace (divine influence, benefits and favor) to me by giving me His power (miraculous strength and force) to complete and accomplish the very thing He's given me to do! In this process His grace is also teaching me, through patience and love, to walk in His way! (Titus 2:10-12)

There are some things in life for which we simply have to run the roadblock, obliterate it, be forceful and push through-but with the wisdom and grace of God. When we get to the other side we can look back and celebrate His goodness and faithfulness in bringing us through-and the fact that He knew what was best for us!

Press on, be diligent, make crooked paths straight, keep your eyes on the prize in Him!
Php 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment