Friday, May 10, 2013

The Pliable Heart (May 6, 2013)

 

 
Psalm 37:4-5 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. 

"Delight thyself", according to Strong's Concordance, means to be pliable and delicate in the hands of God. I see this scripture as a command from God, as though He is saying to us, "Make yourself pliable and completely vulnerable in my hands and I will place my desires within you. As you succumb to me I will so shape your heart that you will desire what I have planned for you. Then we, you and I (God), will be in agreement and I (God) will bring it to pass."
This is all for the glory of God, that we would become what He has created us to be and carry out His will.
God, make our hearts as a watercourse in Your hands, that we would be pliable to completely flow in the direction you desire.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Barb. Exactly what the Lord has been speaking to my heart on. Love you!

    ReplyDelete